Cosmetic Gynaecology, which involves specialists in gynaecology, urogynaecology, urology, and plastic surgery, is now one of the quickest increasing subspecialties of elective surgery for women. Cosmetic procedures to improve the aesthetic appeal of the vaginal region, and also functional vaginal procedures to improve or help to restore sexual function post alterations that may occur after delivery and/or ageing, are included in this field of special interest.
Cosmetic gynaecology consists of five main procedures:
- Hymenoplasty is the process of repairing a hymen that has been broken by cycling, horseback riding, or first intercourse. In most nations, an intact hymen is associated with virginity.
- Vaginoplasty is the tightening or regeneration of the vaginal wall for sexual enjoyment.
- Labiaplasty is a procedure that improves the look of the inner labia while also reducing the size of the vaginal lip.
- Clitoral unhooding, also known as a hoodectomy, is the removal of the tissue that ordinarily covers the clitoris.
- Monsplasty: this procedure lifts, tightens, and shapes the pubis, often known as the “bikini bridge,” which can be noticeable when wearing clothes.
- Procedures that are both safe and simple
- Treatment that is both quick and easy -It’s a non
- invasive procedure with no bleeding or discomfort.
- Feminine health can be easily incorporated into a daily routine.
- What are the benefits of Vaginoplasty/Posterior Vaginal Repair? A woman’s discomfort can occasionally be alleviated by surgery. A torn vagina can cause rubbing or pulling, especially if the lady is wearing tight-fitting clothing. A lady no longer feels such tug after Vaginoplasty/Posterior Vaginal Repair.
- What will happen during the recuperation phase after a Hymenoplasty? You will spend one day with us. The swollen area will go down in size, and the discomfort or pain will go away. It’s possible that you won’t be able to have sexual relations for 3 months to 6 months, till the region has fully recovered.
- What are the dangers of vaginal augmentation/posterior vaginal repair? There is always the risk of problems with Vaginoplasty/Posterior Vaginal Repair, as with any surgical operation. The following are examples of issues that can occur, despite the fact that they are extremely rare: Infection. Hematoma and bleeding an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic. You should be aware that those who smoke, are overweight, suffer from diabetes, and have other health conditions are at a higher risk.